Dr. Richa Vatsa
PhD (Statistics, TCD, Ireland)
Areas of Expertise/Research interest:
My research interests revolves around applying Bayesian statistical modeling and computational methods to the problems in research area of Climatology, Demography, Psychology, Big Data analytics, etc.
- ‘Big Data and Changing Roles of Statistics’ (with Prof. Arun Kumar Sinha), Journal of Patna Science College (ISSN: 2347-9604), 3, (171-178), (2015).
- ‘Variational Bayes Approximation for Inverse Non-Linear Regression’ (with Prof. Simon Wilson), Research and Reviews: Journal of Statistics. Special Issue on Recent Statistical Methodologies and Applications (e-ISSN: 2278-2273), 1, 76-84 (2014).
- ‘The Variational Bayes Method for Inverse Regression Problems with an Application to the Palaeoclimate Reconstruction’ (with Prof. Simon Wilson), Journal of Combinatorics, Information & System Sciences, 35 (1–2), 221–248, (2010).
Presentations at Conferences (National/International)
- 2015: Rai, Markandey, Vatsa, Richa and Sinha, Arun Kumar. ‘Statistics, big data and a better world’, an invited talk, at International Conference on official Statistics, ‘Better Data, Better Lives’, International Association for Official Statistics (IAOS), International Statistical Institute at Ramallah, Palestine, 19-22 Oct. 2015. (Presented By Markandey Rai)
- 2015: Kumar, N., Vatsa, R. and Deb, A. ‘Promising role of Behavioural sciences to mitigating Climate change’ at Development Meet – 2015, Patna Chapter, Central University of South Bihar, March 13-14, 2015. (Presented by N. Kumar)
- 2013: ‘The Variational Bayes Method For Non-CE Models With Applications To Inverse Regression Problems’ at Regional Meeting and IWCBTA, DST Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences and Dept. of Statistics, BHU, Varanasi, January 6-10, 2013.
- 2010: ‘The Variational Bayes method for inverse regression problems with application to the palaeoclimate reconstruction’, a poster, at 11th International Meeting for Statistical Climatology, 2010.
- 2010: ‘The Variational Bayes method for inverse regression problems with application to the palaeoclimate reconstruction’, a poster, at Ninth Valencia International Meeting on Bayesian, 2010.
- 2010: ‘The Variational Bayes method for inverse problems with applications to the palaeoclimate reconstruction’ an invited talk at International Conference on Statistics, Probability, Operation Research, Computer Science and allied Areas (IISA-ISPS) 2010.
- 2009: ‘The Variational Bayes Method for an Inverse Problem with Application to the Palaeoclimate Reconstruction’ at Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM), 2009.
- 2009: Attended TIES 2009 - the 20th Annual Conference of The International Environmetrics Society, a Section of the ISI and GRASPA Conference 2009.
- 2009: ‘The Variational Bayes Method with Its Application to Complex Problems eg. Palaeoclimate Reconstruction, GLM and Multimodality’ at International Conference on Interdisciplinary Mathematical and Statistical Techniques (IMST), 2009.
- 2008: ‘The VB method with its application to complex problems eg. Palaeoclimate reconstruction, GLM’ at 32nd Research Students' conference (RSC), 2008.
- 2008: ‘VB approximation for Factor Analysis with parameterized factor loading matrix and other examples of problems with its implementation’ at International Society for Bayesian Analysis (ISBA) 9th world meeting, 2008.