Dr. Sunit Kumar
PhD. MSc (Statistics ), MSc. (Computer Sc.), MPS,
Areas of Expertise/Research interest:
Sunit Kumar is Associate Professor in Department of Statistics. He had done his MSc. (Statistics) from Science College, Patna University , MPS (Master in Population Studies) from International institute of Population Science, Mumbai. , MSc. (Computer Science ) from Maharshi Dayanand university Rohtak and Ph.D. from B. N. Mandal Univirsity , Bihar.
He has 20 year experience in Academia, Multinationals Corporate, and With Government.
Prior to this university, He had worked as Assistant professor at Kolhan University, Jharkhand, and was Visiting facility of several higher education institutions. He had worked as Consultant for UN- Women (United Nation - Women) Ethiopia. He had served Dept. of Higher and Technical Education, Government of Jharkhand as Deputy Director.
He also had eight year of corporate experience. He had worked with Multinational Companies in India and abroad at various key positions e.g. Project Controller/Sr. Business Analyst at Emirates Airline, Dubai, UAE , Sr. General Manager in RR Finance Ltd. New Delhi and others.
His area of interest is Data Mining, Demography, Steganography and Project Planning and Management.
Awards and achievement: He had received Special mention team Award” for Young IT Professional 2001 of North Zone India by Computer Society of India for providing innovative IT solution in the area of E- Business processes.
He is Reviewer of “International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications” (IJCNC) Australia, listed in ERA 2012 as per the Australian Research Council (ARC) Journal Ranking.
He is member of Technical Program Committee of GUAST (Global Union Academy of Science and Technology), China, http://www.guast.org/channel/?6.html and also was the member of more than ten others international Technical Program Committee.
Research and Publication:
His key research and publications are as follows.
1. High Security Image Steganography with Modified Arnold’s Cat Map.
International Journal of Computer Applications, Published By FCS® (Foundation of Computer Science, USA), Jan 2012. http://www.ijcaonline.org/archives/volume37/number9/4636-6685
2. Security Enhanced Digital Image Steganography Based on Successive Arnold Transformation
Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, 2012, Volume 167, Advances in Computer Science, Engineering &Applications, Pages 221-229. SPRINGER – Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
3. Indian women’s empowerment and micro-credit: Targeting women through self-help groups.
Reference book titled Indian Women: Past and Present (ISBN 978-81-87364-46-7).
4. Sustainable development and health in Jharkhand.
Research Journal of Social and Life Sciences (ISSN 0973-3914) Dec- 2011,
5. Feminisation of Poverty: Women in Poverty Alleviation Programmes in India.
Research Journal of Arts, Management and Social Sciences. (ISSN 975-4083) March 2012
6. Role of web-services application providers of e-commerce solution for small to medium-sized enterprises.
Research Journal of Social and Life Sciences (ISSN 0973-3914) May 2011,
7. Machine translation in India: Opportunities and Challenges.
Research Journal of Social and Life Sciences (ISSN 0973-3914) May 2012,
8. Written Self Study Material (English) of MSc./MA Statistics of U.P. Rajarshi Tandon Open University .Utter Pradesh
9. Translated Self Study Material (English) of Under Graduate, Statistics in Hindi of U.P. Rajarshi Tandon Open University. Utter Pradesh