Dr. Sanjay Kumar
PhD - Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Ramalingaswami fellow, Department of biotechnology, Govt. of India.
Areas of Expertise/Research interest:
Study of molecular mechanism of free heme toxicity, antioxidant defense system, and screening of new antimalarial active molecules using in vitro (Plasmodium falciparum, N54) in vivo (Plasmodium yoelii) models. TRPC Channels role in metabolic syndrome and neurite outgrowth using pig and hippocampal neuron as models. Signaling cascade are involved in restenosis, smooth muscle cells proliferation, migration, and neointima formation using rat carotid artery model. Investigation of new and novel target in blood cancer using transgenic & nude mice through utilization of advance molecular, imaging, CRISPER-Cas9, and RNAi tools. After completion of PhD from Jawaharlal Nehru University, I was moved to Indiana university [IUPUI], University of Tennessee, and Jackson state University for completion of postdoctoral research experiences in USA several years upto August, 2019. I was remained as an assistant professor at university department of botany and coordinator at university department of biotechnology, LNMU, Darbhanga till 15th June, 2019. I have funded Ramalingaswami fellowship research project in blood cancer for next five years. I am serving as reviewer of circulation, circulation research, and life sciences journals.
- Sanjay kumar, Paul B. Tchounwou. Arsenic Trioxide Reduces the Expression of E2F1, Cyclin E, and Phosphorylation of PI3K Signaling Molecules in Acute Leukemia Cells. Revised manuscript in press. Scientific Reports (2020).
- Sanjay kumar, Paul B. Tchounwou. Trisenox disrupts MDM2-DAXX-HAUSP complex and induces apoptosis in a mice model of acute promyelocyte leukemia. J. Cancer, 11 (2020): 4373-4383. doi:10.7150/jca.39996.
- Andrea Brown, Sanjay Kumar, Paul B Tchounwou. Cisplatin-Based Chemotherapy of Human Cancers. J Cancer Sci Ther11(2019):097-103. doi: 10.4172/1948-5956.1000592.
- Paul B. Tchounwou, Clement G. Yedjou, Udensi K. Udensi, Maricica Pacurari, Jacqueline J. Stevens, Anita K. Patlolla, Felicite Noubissi, and Sanjay Kumar. State of the science review of the health effects of inorganic arsenic: perspectives for future research. Environmental Toxicology 34 (2019): 188-202.
- Sanjay kumar, Andrea Brown, Paul B. Tchounwou. Trisenox disrupts MDM2-DAXX-HAUSP complex and activates p53, cell cycle regulation and apoptosis in acute leukemia cells. Oncotarget 9 (2018): 33138-33148.
- Sanjay kumar, Ibrahim O. Farah, Paul B. Tchounwou. Trisenox induces cytotoxicity through phosphorylation of mitogen‐activated protein kinase molecules in acute leukemia cells. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 32 (2018) :e22207.
- Sanjay kumar, Paul B. Tchounwou. Molecular mechanism of cisplatin cytotoxicity in acute leukemia cells. Oncotarget 6 (2015): 40734-40746.
- Sanjay kumar, Clement J. Yedju and Paul B. Tchounwou. Arsenic trioxide induces oxidative stress, DNA damage, and mitochondrial pathway of apoptosis in human leukemia (HL-60) cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 33(2014): 42.
- Venkatesh Kundumani-Sridharan, Nikhlesh K. Singh, Sanjay Kumar and Gadiparthi N.Rao., Nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 mediates p21-activated kinase 1 activation in the modulation of chemokine-induced human aortic smooth muscle cell F-actin stress fiber formation, migration and proliferation and injury-induced vascular wall remodeling. J. Biol. Chem. 288(2013): 22150-22162.
- Nikhlesh K. Singh, Venkatesh Kundumani-Sridharan, Sanjay Kumar, Shailendra K. Verma, Sivareddy Kotla, Hideyuki Mukai, Heckle M.R and Gadiparthi N.Rao.PKN1 is a novel substrate for NFATc1-mediated cyclin D1-CDK6 activity and modulates vascular smooth muscle cell division and migration leading to inward blood vessel wall remodeling. J. Biol. Chem. 287(2012):36291-36304.
- Sanjay Kumar, Saikat Chakraverty, Cindy Balbosa, Tatiana Brustovetsky, NickolayBrustovetsky and Alexander G. Obukhov. Mechanisms controlling neurite outgrowth in Rat pheochromocytoma cell line: The role of TRPC channels. J. Cell. Physiol. 227 (2012):1408-1419.
- Saikat Chakraverty, Zachary C.Berwick, Paula J.Bartlett, Sanjay Kumar, Andrew P. Thomas, Michael Sturek, Jonathan D. Tune, and Alexander G. Obukhov. Bromoenol Lactone (BEL) inhibits Cav1.2, and TRPC channels. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther.339 (2011):329-340.
- Zachary P. Neeb, Jason M. Edwards, Mouhamad A. Alloosh, Xin Long, Ian N. Bratz,Cassandra R. Peller, James P. Byrd, Sanjay Kumar, Alexander G. Obukhov, Michael Sturek. Exercise training decreases store-operated Ca2+ entry associated with metabolic syndrome and coronary atherosclerosis. Cardiovasc. Res. 85(2010) 631-640.
- Guoqing Hu, Elena A. Oboukhova, Sanjay Kumar, Michael Sturek, Alexander G. Obukhov. Canonical Transient Receptor Potential Channels Expression is Elevated in a Porcine Model of Metabolic Syndrome. Mol. Endocrinol. 23(2009), 689-699.
- Sanjay Kumar, Mithu Guha, Vinay Choubey, Pallab Maity, Kumkum Srivastava, Sunil K Puri and Uday Bandyopadhyay. Bilirubin inhibits Plasmodium falciparum growth through the generation of reactive oxygen species. Free Rad. Biol. Med. 44 (2008), 602-613.
- Sanjay Kumar, Sajal Kumar Das, Sumanta Dey, Pallab Maity, Mithu Guha, Vinay Choubey, Gautam Panda and Uday Bandyopadhyay. Antiplasmodial Activity of [(Aryl) arylsulfanylmethyl]pyridine.Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 52 (2008), 705-715.
- Sanjay Kumar, Mithu Guha, Vinay Choubey, Pallab Maity, Uday Bandyopadhyay “Antimalarial drugs inhibiting hemozoin (β hematin) formation: A mechanistic update. Life Sci. 80 (2007), 813-828.
- Sanjay Kumar, Uday Bandyopadhyay “Free heme toxicity and its detoxification systems in human. Toxicol.Letts. 157 (2005), 175-188.
- Mithu Guha, Sanjay Kumar,Vinay Choubey, Pallab Maity, Uday Bandyopadhyay. “Apoptosis in the liver during malaria: Role of oxidative stress and implication of the mitochondrial pathway.” FASEB J. 20 (2006), E439-E449.
- Vinay Choubey, Mithu Guha, Pallab Maity, Sanjay Kumar, Resmi Raghunandan, Prakas R. Maulik, Umesh C. Halder, Uday Bandyopadhyay “Molecular characterization and localization of Plasmodium falciparum choline kinase.” Biochim Biophys Acta. 1760 (2006), 1027-1038.
- Mithu Guha, Vinay Choubey, Pallab Maity, Sanjay Kumar, Kumkum Shrivastava, Sunil K. Puri and Uday Bandyopadhyay. Overexpression, purification and localization of apoptosis related protein from Plasmodium falciparum. Protein Expr.Purif. 52 (2007), 363-372.
- Vinay Choubey, Pallab Maity, Mithu Guha, Sanjay Kumar, Kumkum Shrivastava, Sunil Kumar Puri and Uday Bandyopadhyay. Inhibition of Plasmodium falciparum choline kinase by hexadecyltrimethylammonium bromide: A possible antimalarial mechanism of hexadecyltrimethylammonium bromide. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 51 (2007), 696-706.
- Tchounwou PB, Udensi KU, Isokpehi RD, Yedjou CG, Kumar S. 2015. Arsenic and cancer. Chapter 23 in Handbook of Arsenic Toxicology. Flora SJS (Ed). Elsevier Inc. London. pp 533-555.