Dr. Rohit Ranjan Shahi
Ph.D (Department of Physics, Institute of Science, Banaras Hindu University)
Contact; +919450872847, +917007637515
Areas of Expertise/Research interest:
• Nano crystalline High Entropy Alloys; Crystallization behavior Phase Transformations, Mechanical, Magnetic Physical and Corrosion Properties of different High Entropy Alloys.
• Carbon based nanostructured Materials; Catalytic application of different morphologies of carbon nanostructures
• Hydrogen Storage Materials: synthesis characterizations of Complex Hydrides (Li-Mg-N-H), Elemental (MgH2), Intermetallic hydrides.
• Quasicrystals; Synthesis through Rapid solidification & mechanical milling technique, Characterization of nano quasicrystals and their catalytic application.
• Extensive Experience in powder X-ray diffraction analysis, Small-angle X-Ray Scattering, Transmission/Scanning Electron Microscopy, FTIR, thermal analysis using DSC/TGA. Magnetic, Microhardness property and hydrogenation measurements
Dr. Rohit Ranjan Shahi is Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics, School of Physical and Chemical Sciences of the Central University of South Bihar. He served as Assistant Professor under INSPIRE Faculty program of Department of Science and Technology GOI, Departments of Physics Motilal Neharu National Institute of Technology Allahabad for five & half years before joined this University. Along with teaching he did extensive research work in area of Magnetic and Mechanical properties of nanocrystalline novel alloys, Synthesis and Characterizations of Novel Hydrogen storage Materials and Quasicrystals. He has been published his research in different renowned International Journals. He has published 28 Research papers in International journals of repute, one book and four book chapters in Book published by International Publishers these publicatiosn has already been higly cited by renowned researcher (https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=aQFt4noAAAAJ&hl=en). He has also successfully organized a National Conference on Advanced Materials and Their Application during 21-23 December 2018 at MMNIT Allahabad. He has developed lab facility for the synthesis of Nnaocrystalline High Entropy Alloys and Hydrogenation Characteristics measurement. Two externally funded research projects (Total Rs 51 lakhs) running under him (as Principal Investigator) and A Ph.D. student successfully delivered open seminar (soon he will submit his thesis) at MNNIT Allahabad.
Awards and achievement:
• Young Scientist Award (Materials science) 2014; From Indian Science Congress Association Young Scientist Award 2017; Indian association of Hydrogen Energy and Related advanced Materials, University of Kerala Trivendrum (Rs 20000 Award Amount and citation).
• INSPIRE FACULTY award by Department of Science and Technology, India (2012).
• Received excellent grades during INSPIRE Monitoring-Cum- Evaluation Meeting (2017).
• Best poster Award 5nd One Day Conference on New Trends in Research March 2012 Department of Physics BHU Varanasi.
• Senior Research Fellow by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India (2009 to March 2012).
• Received financial support to organize a National Conference on Advanced Nanomaterials and Their Applications held Dec 21-23 2018 at M.N.N.I.T. Allahabad from BRNS-Department of Atomic Energy and CSIR New Delhi.
• International Association of Hydrogen Energy; Financial support (500 $) to present a paper in WHEC-2014 Gwangju South Korea June 15-21 2014.
• CSIR Foreign Travel Award to attend World Hydrogen Technology Convention, (WHTC-2013) Shanghai China Spt. 25-28 2013.
• International Association of Hydrogen Energy; Financial support (500 $) to present a paper in WHTC-2013 Shanghai China Spt. 25-28 2013.
• DST International Travel Award to attend International Conference on Hydrogen Production (ICH2P -12) Seoul Korea June 24-27 2012.